Open Enrollment for 2017-18 begins in February
|November 30, 2016||Filed under School Programs|
This content is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Open Enrollment, the time frame during which students may request a transfer from their school of residence to another school within the Sunnyvale School District, will take February 1-14, 2017. For details about Open Enrollment, visit http://sesd.schoolwires.net/Page/241.
Sign up for Programs of Choice during Open Enrollment!
The Sunnyvale School District values the uniqueness of each of its students, and we work hard to connect meaningfully with each individual. We know that each child learns differently and is inspired by different things — that’s why all of our schools offer project-based learning, art, music, movement, living history, one-to-one technology, hands-on science, and differentiation. That is also why we offer several Programs of Choice.
Sunnyvale School District’s Programs of Choice cover a variety of themes: science focus, dual-language immersion, parent participation, a partnership program with Stanford University, a leadership program, and technology and social smarts.
- Bishop is the South Bay’s first “Leader in Me” School, a learning process that helps students develop and practice beneficial, lifelong habits of integrity, responsibility, self-care, and respectful collaboration. Based on Stephen Covey’s 7-Habits of Highly Effective People, these practices are built into our daily work and are designed to promote personal, academic, and professional success for all of the 600 K-5 students we serve.
- Columbia Middle School’s University Partnership Program with Stanford University’s School of Education offers students personalized support, innovative curriculum, inquiry-based learning, technology integration, and smaller student-to-teacher ratios.
- Fairwood Explorer School is a parent participation program that allows for personalized attention and hands-on, project-based learning made possible through regular and structured parent involvement in the classroom.
- Lakewood’s collective focus is on helping students find their voices through technology integration and social-emotional learning. Students sharpen their writing, publishing for specific audiences and purposes, and hone their digital communication, so that when they graduate, they leave as confident communicators.
- San Miguel Elementary School’s Juntos Spanish-English Dual Immersion Program uses two languages for literacy and content instruction for all students, developing analytical skills that strengthen all academic areas.
- Vargas Elementary is home to Student Success through Science (VS3), a model in which students benefit from the school’s unique science focus. At Vargas, all learning is viewed through a scientific lens. With wonder as our driver, discovery is never far behind! Vargas benefits from a state-of-the-art science learning lab, a highly skilled and dedicated instructional team, and a plethora of local resources to satisfy even the most curious budding scientists.
For more information on our Programs of Choice, including information nights and tours, visit http://sesd.schoolwires.net/Page/242. Families who wish to enroll in our Programs of Choice must do so during Open Enrollment.
For more information on registration or open enrollment, visit www.sesd.org.