SSD launches new way to stay connected: Download our new mobile app today!
|September 1, 2017||Filed under Community|
Sunnyvale School District is excited to announce its new App, an all-in-one information source for district families. The app was developed specifically to provide direct access to the district’s most sought after information in the most convenient format — your mobile device.
Recognizing trends in social technology and the unprecedented use of smartphones and tablet devices, Sunnyvale School District has elected to become part of the mobile sphere to better connect and collaborate with the majority of their stakeholders.
The Sunnyvale School District App provides password-protected access for parents to see live grade and attendance information, allowing families to stay up to date on student progress at any time, from anywhere. From the app, users may also set their own grade and assignment requirements, a feature that allows the parent or student to be immediately alerted through a push notification if a student’s score or grade drops below the self-selected threshold.
Other app features include:
- District and school news, allowing the user to select the schools and district news feeds they want to subscribe to
- Push notifications for the District/School to send out instant alerts to the user’s mobile device
- Calendar information for schools and district events, including the ability to add events from school calendars to the user’s device calendar. Personalize your feed by choosing only your school or schools. With 1-click you may add an event directly to your mobile calendar.
- A tip line tool for users to provide the District with suggestions, security issues, and other important information
- Links to the School/District’s Facebook and Twitter
- Superintendent updates with the latest communications from your District leaders
To download the FREE application visit Apple’s iTunes store or Android’s Market and search Sunnyvale SD.
“We are so excited to offer this new tool for our district community,” said Sunnyvale Superintendent Benjamin Picard. “We know that more and more of our busy families are accessing information on-the-go, and we want to ensure we are reaching them through the devices they use every day.”
The app is customizable so that users may access information specific to a student’s school and only receive the alerts and push notifications they request. The app content may also be translated into nearly 70 different languages.
“We welcome feedback from users as we continue to refine the mobile app to fit the needs of our community,” said Communications Coordinator Alia Wilson.
The app is FREE and available for download today:
- From a smart-device, go to the iTunes App Store® or Google Play®
- Search Sunnyvale SD
- Select the “Sunnyvale SD” app for free download
The new mobile app is just a few taps away. Download it today! The District will still communicate with families using other platforms in addition to the new app.
This article was written by Communications Coordinator Alia Wilson.