The Sunnyvale School District is located in the heart of Silicon Valley where it serves its community through one preschool program, 8 Elementary Schools, and 2 Middle Schools, each providing a culture of high expectations, rigorous academics, and support designed to promote the social-emotional well-being of all students. Enriched by thousands of hours of dedicated service and funds contributed through our community, corporate and university partnerships, our award-winning schools offer rich educational choices such as science-focused or project-based learning models, a leadership program, a technology and social smarts program, a Spanish Dual-Immersion program, and a parent participation program. Sunnyvale School District schools have gained recognition as National Blue Ribbon, State Gold Ribbon, and California Distinguished Schools.
ADA – 6400 students for the 2020-2021 school year
Sunnyvale School District Schools include:
- Bishop Elementary School: Ms. Tara Lubrano, Principal; Mr. Rob Felicano, Assistant Principal
- Cherry Chase Elementary School: Ms. Gloria Marchant, Principal; Ms. Kristin Brett, Assistant Principal
- Cumberland Elementary School: Ms. Laurie Carlson, Principal; Ms. Carly Sturm, Assistant Principal
- Ellis Elementary School: Mr. Eric Panosian, Principal; Ms. Stephanie Fischer, Assistant Principal
- Fairwood Explorer School: Ms. Rachelle Romander, Principal
- Lakewood Elementary School: Mrs. Pam Cheng, Principal; Mr. Brian Brown, Assistant Principal
- San Miguel Elementary School: Mr. Esteban Ybarra, Principal; Ms. Nicole Fiala, Assistant Principal
- Vargas Elementary School: Mrs. Kathryn Armstrong, Principal; Mr. John Austin, Assistant Principal
- Columbia Middle School: Mr. Daniel Poo, Principal; Mr. Jamie Bradley, Assistant Principal; Ms. Victoria Tarumoto, Assistant Principals
- Sunnyvale Middle School: Ms. Shamar Edwards, Principal; Ms. Roopali Bali, Assistant Principal; Ms. Jane Chen, Assistant Principal; Ms. Stephanie Malcolm
- District Preschools: Ms. Linda Van Mouwerik, Director
Key District Office Administrators include:
Superintendent: Michael Gallagher, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and Information Systems: Jeremy Nishihara
Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment: Mala Ahuja
Assistant Superintendent of Special Education & Student Services: Tasha Dean, Ed.D.
Chief Operations Officer: Rob Smiley
Chief Financial Officer: Lori van Gogh
Communications Coordinator: Alia Wilson
For more information, please visit the SSD website: sesd.schoolwires.net