Welcome to the new year here in Sunnyvale’s public schools! Whether we are in school virtually or eventually back in-person, we continue to believe in educating the whole child, providing rigorous education standards, and preparing your child to be ready for college and career in today’s fast-paced 21st-century world.
Here are a few things you can do right now to help you and your child settle in:
- Get in touch with your school and see if they’re holding any virtual events for new and returning families
- Download the 2020-2021 Parent-Student Handbook and turn in the required forms
- Sign up to receive notifications via email, phone, or text message from your school
- Find your school’s website
- Explore our “Thriving During Distance Learning Family Guide” and Student and Family Tech Tutorials webpage.
- Find out what’s for lunch for elementary and middle. That’s right, we are still serving meals at all 10 of our school sites even while in Virtual School!
- Apply for free or reduced-price meals—even if you don’t need or want them, each completed application helps fund our schools and benefits all students.
- Join Sunnyvale parent organizations you’re interested in
- To get the latest news and information, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or sign up for our quarterly email newsletter
- Subscribe to our calendar so you don’t miss an event or a day off
- Download the free Sunnyvale School District app. From a smart-device, go to the iTunes App Store®or Google Play®. Search Sunnyvale SD. Select the “Sunnyvale SD” app for free download
Did you know? You can get the Board of Education meeting schedule and agendas online and watch Board Meeting recordings on YouTube. Board of Education meetings are generally scheduled at 7 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month.