It’s cold and flu season and with it comes the spread of germs and viruses. We encourage all students and staff to take common-sense precautions to prevent the spread of all infectious diseases, including common illnesses like colds and flu.
As a reminder, if your child is sick, please keep them home from school. To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including the coronavirus and flu, follow these important tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
- Get vaccinated every year
Additionally, the California Department of Public Health does not recommend the use of face masks for general prevention and says that hand washing provides better protection from infectious diseases.
Sunnyvale School District will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary. If you have questions about these topics, please contact District Communications Coordinator Alia Wilson at email@example.com. We thank you for your cooperation and support. Be sure to check the district website (https://www.sesd.org/) for additional information.
For up-to-date information about Coronavirus, please visit the Santa Clara County Office of Education website.