The following is a summary of actions taken by the Sunnyvale School District Board at the September, October and November meetings.
- Approved the annual unaudited actuals financial report for Fiscal Year 2018-2019. The District met all mandated financial reserve requirements for FY 18-19
- Passed Resolution 20-04 to provide reasonable eligibility for families under the National School Lunch Program
- Passed Resolution 20-05 in support of Senate Constitutional Amendment 5, which lowers the supermajority voter approval threshold of two-thirds for parcel taxes to increase financial support for local school district.
- Approved Resolution 20-06 Regarding Sufficiency of Instructional Materials
- Approved amendment of Ground Lease with Plaza del Rey.
- Adopted District Education Technology Plan 2019-2022
- Special Joint Meeting of the Boards of Education of Cupertino Union School District, Fremont Union High School District and Sunnyvale School District
- Discussed a workforce housing joint powers authority
- Regular Board Meeting
- Awarded a contract to American Modular Systems, Inc. for the purchase of relocatable buildings for Cherry Chase Elementary
November 14 (Special Board Organizational Meeting):
- Discussed annual election of board officers and committee representatives; board goals, protocols, roles, and responsibilities; reviewed the district’s mission and vision statements through an equity lens; discussed process for interviewing and selection of Superintendent Search Firm.
The next Board of Education meeting is December 11, 2019.
Board of Education meetings are generally scheduled at 7 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month at the Sunnyvale School District Office, 819 W. Iowa Avenue, Sunnyvale.
The Board of Education is the elected governing body of the SSD. Its five members serve four-year terms and are elected by Sunnyvale residents. Learn more about the members, and view their meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes at https:/www.sesd.org/Page/57.