Welcome to the new year here in Sunnyvale’s public schools! We are thrilled to be back in person this school year.
Our mission is to provide every student with a strong foundation of academic, behavioral, and social-emotional skills to prepare them for success in a diverse, challenging, and changing world. We look forward to doing this work in partnership with you.
Here are a few things you can do right now to help you and your child settle in:
- Get in touch with your school and see if they’re holding any virtual events for new and returning families
- Download the 2021-2022 Parent-Student Handbook and turn in the required forms
- Text “YES” to the number 67587 from your mobile phone to sign up for text messages. Please note, if you text this number and your mobile phone is not entered in the student information system, messages will not be sent to it. You can check to see if your information is in the student information system by asking your school front office staff
- Make sure your school has your most current email and phone number to receive important messages from your school
- Find your school’s website
- Explore our Back to School Information webpage including Bell Schedules, COVID Safety Updates and Protocols, and FAQ’s
- Find out what’s for lunch for elementary and middle. That’s right, we are serving breakfast, lunch, snacks, and supper at all 10 of our school sites!
- Apply for free or reduced-price meals—even if you don’t need or want them, each completed application helps fund our schools and benefits all students
- Join Sunnyvale parent organizations you’re interested in
- To get the latest news and information, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or sign up for our quarterly email newsletter the District Digest
- Subscribe to our calendar so you don’t miss an event or a day off
- Download the free Sunnyvale School District app. From a smart-device, go to the iTunes App Store®or Google Play®. Search Sunnyvale SD. Select the “Sunnyvale SD” app for free download
Did you know? You can get the Board of Education meeting schedule and agendas online and watch Board Meeting recordings on YouTube. Board of Education meetings are generally scheduled at 7 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month.