The following is a summary of actions taken by the Sunnyvale School District Board at the December, January, and February meetings.
- Public Hearing: Input on Draft Trustee Area Boundary Maps
- Annual Organizational Meeting of the Board of Education
- Approved 2021-2022 1st Interim Fiscal Solvency Report
- Approved 2020-2021 Development Impact Fee Annual Report
- Approved New Building Fund Resolution No. R22-09 to track General Obligation Bond Measure GG and for the Bond Interest and Redemption of Measure GG. This is a new requirement per State Education Code to establish a separate fund in addition to the quarterly Bond Oversight Committee meetings and annual independent audit.
- Approved Resolution R22-11 in support of Establishing a County Health Clinic in Northern Santa Clara County
- Approved California School Boards Association Delegate Assembly Nomination
- Discussed the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 Regular Board Meeting Calendar and the governance calendar.
- Reviewed California School Board Association Annual Educational Conference
- Adopted Resolution #R22-13; in the Matter of Adopting Trustee Area Boundary Map and Election Sequence for Election of Members of the Board of Education; Submitting Proposal to the County Committee on School District Organization to Establish By-Trustee Area Elections
- Accept and approve 2020-2021 Financial Audit Report, Measure BB Parcel Tax Report, and Measure G Bond Audit and Procedures Report
- A Public Hearing regarding the Initial Interest Statement of the Sunnyvale School District Governing Board and the Initial Interest Statement of the Sunnyvale Education Association (SEA) for the 2022-2025 Negotiations.
- Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Sunnyvale School District and California School Employee Association – Chapter 205 (CSEA) re:2021-2022 Reclassification Requests
- Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Sunnyvale School District and California School Employee Association – Chapter 205 (CSEA) re: Recognition of the Juneteenth National Independence Day Act
- Study Session: Facilities Master Plan Review
- Review and Discussion: Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) Mid-Year Update
The next Board of Education meeting is on March 24, 2022.
Board of Education meetings are generally scheduled at 6 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month and are held at the Sunnyvale School District Office located at 819 W. Iowa Avenue and virtually on Zoom. Recordings of Board Meetings may be found on YouTube. Presentations can be found as attachments in the meeting agenda.
The Board of Education is the elected governing body of the SSD. Its five members serve four-year terms and are elected by Sunnyvale residents. Learn more about the members, and view their meeting schedule, agendas, Zoom link, and minutes at https:/www.sesd.org/Page/57.