The following is a summary of actions taken by the Sunnyvale School District Board at the September, October, and November meetings.
September 2 (Special and Regular Board Meeting)
- Review and discuss agenda item tools
- Approved Resolution #R22-04 In the Matter of Initiating the Process of Establishing Trustee Areas and Elections By-Trustee Areas
- Public Hearing on Pre-Map Input on Trustee Areas
- Approved Annual Unaudited Actuals Financial Report for Fiscal Year 2020-2021
- Approved Gann Appropriation Limit Resolution
- Public Hearing: Pre-Map Input on Trustee Areas
- Approved Resolution #R22-05 In the Matter of Authorizing the Issuance of the first series of general obligation bonds under the 2018 Measure GG.
- Approved Resolution #R22-06 In the Matter of Authorizing the Issuance of general obligation refunding bonds to refund all or a portion of its outstanding 2015 General Obligation Refunding Bonds. The District has bonds outstanding associated with the 2004 Measure P bond program, a portion of which may be refunded or refinanced in the current low-interest rate environment. District taxpayers will benefit from the reduced debt service from the refunding.
- Award of Bid for Ellis Elementary School Campus Modernization Increments I & II
- Approved Comprehensive Coordinated Early Intervening Services Plan
- Approved Resolution #R22-07 In the Matter of Board Member Absence
October 7 (Special and Regular Board Meeting)
- Public Hearing: Input Regarding Composition of Trustee Areas
- Public Hearing and Approved Resolution #R22-03 In the Matter of Insufficiency or Sufficiency of Textbooks and Instructional materials
- Approved of Resolution #R22-08 In the Matter of Enhancing Support and Resources for LGBTQIA Students and Staff
October 14 (Special Board Meeting)
- Study Session on Board Self Evaluation
October 21 (Regular Board Meeting)
- Approved Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief III Plan
November 4 (Special and Regular Board Meeting)
- Public Hearing: Input on Draft Trustee Area Boundary Maps
- Approved Equity Statement and the continued Equity Planning
- California School Dashboard Local Indicators
- Educator Effectiveness Block Grant Plan
- Board Policy 1312.3 Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Board Policy 5113.1 Chronic Absence and Truancy
- Board Policy 5141.31 Immunizations
- Next Steps from Board Self Evaluation Session
- California School Boards Association Delegate Assembly
- Annual Organization Meeting of the Board of Education
The next Board of Education meeting is on December 9, 2021.
Board of Education meetings are generally scheduled at 7 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month and are held at the Sunnyvale School District Office located at 819 W. Iowa Avenue and virtually on Zoom. Recordings of Board Meetings may be found on YouTube. Presentations can be found as attachments in the meeting agenda.
The Board of Education is the elected governing body of the SSD. Its five members serve four-year terms and are elected by Sunnyvale residents. Learn more about the members, and view their meeting schedule, agendas, Zoom link, and minutes at https:/www.sesd.org/Page/57.