On Tuesday, November 8, 2016, all of the voters in the Sunnyvale School District will be asked to vote on Measure BB. Measure BB will renew a $59 per year parcel tax that was first approved by voters in 2011. Measure BB will continue to provide the School District with a reliable, local source of funds to support and maintain high academic standards for the students in our eight elementary and two middle schools. Measure BB will last for seven years and requires a two-thirds voter approval for passage.
Measure BB funds will allow the district to continue to:
• Protect district programs such as math, English, and science.
• Maintain computers and technology used by students and teachers.
• Attract and retain highly qualified teachers and staff.
• Keep class sizes as small as possible.
The district currently has two board positions open. The term for board positions is four years (2017-2020).
The following candidates will be running uncontested for these seats:
– Nancy Newkirk (incumbent)
– Reid Myers (incumbent)
For more information about Measure BB, please visit the District’s website at www.sesd.org.