We are thrilled to welcome you to the new year in Sunnyvale’s public schools! Our mission is to provide every student with a strong foundation of academic, behavioral, and social-emotional skills to prepare them for success in a diverse, challenging, and changing world. We look forward to doing this work in partnership with you.
Here are a few things you can do right now to help you and your child settle in:
- Download the 2023-2024 Family Handbook and turn in the required forms.
- Text “YES” to the number 67587 from your mobile phone to sign up for text messages. Please note, if you text this number and your mobile phone is not entered in the student information system, messages will not be sent to it. You can check to see if your information is in the student information system by asking your school front office staff.
- Make sure your school has your most current email and phone number to receive important messages from your school.
- Find your school’s website and explore Bell Schedules, COVID Updates, staff directories, and more.
- Find out what’s for lunch on our Food Services webpage. That’s right, we serve breakfast, lunch, and supper for FREE at all 10 of our school sites!
- Help increase school funding by filling out our income form—each completed form helps fund our schools and benefits all students. This replaces the former meal application form.
- Join Sunnyvale family organizations you’re interested in.
- To get the latest news and information, follow us on Facebook, or sign up for this quarterly email newsletterthe District Digest.
- Subscribe to our calendar so you don’t miss an event or a day off.
Did you know you can get the Board of Education meeting schedule and agendas online and watch Board Meeting recordings on YouTube? Board of Education meetings are generally scheduled at 6 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month.
Article by District Communications Coordinator Alia Wilson.