The following is a summary of actions taken by the Sunnyvale School District Board at the April and May meetings.
- Approved Resolution Denouncing Hate Crimes, Racism, Discrimination, and Violence Targeting Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
April 22 (Special Board Meeting Study Session)
- Study Session on the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) and COVID Relief Funds.
- Voted on Delegate Assembly
- Approved Commitment to Return to Full-Time In-Person Instruction
- Approved Resolutions for Classified Week and Day of the Teacher
- Approved Resolution in Support of California Broadband Legislation Assembly Bill 14, Senate Bill 4, and Assembly Bill 34
- Approved Resolutions Finding that the Ellis Elementary School Improvements Project and Cherry Chase Exterior Improvement Project are Categorically Exempt from California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
May 8 (Special Board Meeting Governance Development)
- Study Session on effective governance.
May 13 (Special Board Meeting)
- Public Employee Performance Evaluation: Superintendent
- Announced the Classified Employee, Teacher, and Management Team Member of the Year.
- Public Hearing regarding the Initial Interest Statement of the Sunnyvale School District Governing Board and the California School Employee Association for the 2021-2022 Negotiations.
- Approved the 2021 Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant Plan
The next Board of Education meeting is June 3, 2021.
Board of Education meetings are generally scheduled at 7 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month and are held via Zoom during the pandemic. Recordings of Board Meetings may now be found on YouTube.
The Board of Education is the elected governing body of the SSD. Its five members serve four-year terms and are elected by Sunnyvale residents. Learn more about the members, and view their meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes at https:/www.sesd.org/Page/57.