District administrators, principals, teachers, parents and students came together for a day of collaboration Feb. 3 at the annual Lyceum held in the District Office Board Room.
The event is an opportunity for all of the District’s stakeholders to share their input on how the District is doing overall and how it can continue to improve. Upwards of 60 people spent the day appraising the District’s goals for the year, strategies for meeting those goals and progress being made.
Participants reviewed current goals and proposed goals and related actions for the 2016-17 District Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP). The LCAP describes the school district’s overall vision for student achievement, annual goals and specific actions the district will take to achieve the vision and goals.
The plans also demonstrates how the district’s budget will help achieve the goals, and assess each year how well the strategies in the plan were able to improve outcomes. To learn more about the District’s LCAP please visit http://sesd.schoolwires.net/Page/1231.
The focus goal areas for 2015-16 are:
- Standards aligned instruction with infusion of technology across all content areas
- Literacy instruction for all students with an emphasis on English Learners
- Parent and community engagement
- Research-based professional development
- Collaboration, transparency and communication with all stakeholders
- Expanded learning opportunities
- Social emotional learning
The feedback is then incorporated into future goals and action plans. The Board of Education will also be provided with a summary of the stakeholder input.
Article by: Alia Wilson, District Communications Coordinator and Mala Ahuja, Assistant Superintendent.