The Sunnyvale School District utilizes a variety of tools to communicate directly with students and parents, community partners and other key stakeholders. We encourage you to explore them all!
- The District Digest is an online newsletter produced and distributed quarterly. In general, the DISTRICT DIGEST covers programs, student and staff success stories, happenings and issues affecting our neighborhood schools, the district, and public education. We’d love to hear from you! Please share your Sunnyvale story by visiting our website and clicking on “News” and “Share Your Story.”
- SchoolMessenger is used to send phone messages, emails, and also text messages. Want to get text messages, phone calls or emails from your child’s school in the event of an emergency? Make sure your school has the correct contact information so they may keep you up to date.
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal gives parents and students access to real-time information such as attendance, grades, lunch balances and detailed assignment descriptions. Watch a video on how to access your portal here.
- The District Bridge is a biannual print publication that shares the latest news about the District and is mailed to the Sunnyvale School District community. See a digital version in English and in Spanish here.
- Like us or follow us on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Our websites are updated regularly to share district/school news, announcements, calendar events, key contact information, parent group and general school information for current and prospective parents.
- Subscribe to our calendars to get alerts regarding school and district events, teacher work days, holiday closures, board of education meetings, parent education workshops, early dismissals and more! Follow the steps on how to subscribe under “News” and “Ways We Communicate.”
To find out more about how the District communicates with its families, please visit the district website at http://www.sesd.org and click on the ‘News’ and ‘Ways We Communicate’ or call 408-522-8200 ext. 1084.