The following is a summary of actions taken by the Sunnyvale School District Board at the December and January meetings.
- The board approved the 2015-16 Financial Audit Report, Measure B Parcel Tax Report, and Measure G Bond Audit and Procedure Report. No exceptions were found, and all reports are clean.
- The board approved the Development Impact Fee Annual Report and the Fiscal Solvency Report – First Interim. The District continues to maintain its fiscal and financial health.
- The new slate of board officers and committee representatives for 2017 were approved. Jeffrey Arnett will serve as board president, Reid Myers will serve as board vice president and Nancy Newkirk will serve as board clerk.
The following changes to the 2017-18 Academic Calendar were approved:
- All students (TK-8) will start on the same day (August 16, 2017).
- All students (TK-8) end on the same day (June 7, 2018).
- Conference Week typically held in November is scheduled for September (September 25-29, 2017).
- The board approved a network refresh contract with Basyle. The total cost of the technology upgrade project reflected in the contract is $2,174,710.88 before any applied E-rate discounts.
- The board approved the preliminary offer to Spark Charter School’s 2017-2018 Proposition 39 application and draft Facilities Use Agreement.
- The 2015-2016 School Accountability Report Cards were approved.
- The board adopted a resolution affirming the Sunnyvale School District’s support of its students and families regarding immigration enforcement at schools.
The Board of Education will next meet on March 9.
The Board of Education is the elected governing body of the SSD. Its five members serve four-year terms and are elected by Sunnyvale residents. Learn more about the members, and view their meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes.