New to our schools? First of all, we are happy to have you here in Sunnyvale’s public schools! You have enrolled your child in a district that believes in educating the whole child, rigorous education standards, and preparing your child to be ready for college and career in this fast-paced 21st-century world.
Here are a few things you can do right now to help you and your child settle in:
- Get in touch with your school and see if they’re holding any events for new and returning families
- Download the 2018-19 Parent-Student Handbook and turn in the required forms
- Sign up to receive notifications via email, phone, or text message from your school
- Find your school’s website
- Find out what’s for lunch
- Apply for free or reduced-price meals—even if you don’t need or want them, each completed application helps fund our schools and benefits all students. Benefits from last year will expire on September 28, 2018.
- Join Sunnyvale parent organizations you’re interested in
- To get the latest news and information, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or sign up for our quarterly email newsletter
- Subscribe to our calendar so you don’t miss an event or a day off
- Share these safety tips from Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety with your child
Did you know? You can get the Board of Education meeting schedule and agendas online. Board of Education meetings are generally scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month at the Sunnyvale School District Administrative Office, 819 West Iowa Avenue, Sunnyvale.